– “ISIS has had some setbacks in Iraq and Syria, no doubt about it, but it’s still consolidating its control over that territory, it’s gained new adherents across Libya and North Africa and more adherents around the world. We’ve seen the consequences in the attacks in Paris and the attack in San Bernardino, and I think every prospect that the level of terrorist threat will go up. And I think it will get worse in the next year, because our adversaries in Tehran and ISIS and elsewhere, they don’t know who will win our November election any more than we do, but they know they’ve got one more year of Barack Obama, and they’re going to take advantage of it.”
– “I don’t think the president gives the attention and priority to national security that he should. I think he’s the first president on a bipartisan basis since Roosevelt who doesn’t wake up every morning and ask, ‘What threats does the United States face today?’
– “And where he (President Obama) does get engaged, as in the case of Iran, he leaves us and our friends and allies in much more dangerous place. That’s why this next year, I think, is so problematic, and it’s also why I believe 2016 will be a national security election.”
About Ambassador John Bolton
Ambassador John Bolton served in several Republican administrations. Bolton served as the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations from August 2005 until December 2006. Bolton is currently a senior fellow at the American Enterprise Institute, a Fox News Channel commentator, and of counsel to the Washington, D.C. law firm Kirkland & Ellis. He was a foreign policy adviser to 2012 presidential candidate Mitt Romney and was often mention as a possible candidate for in President in 2016.
- Ex-UN ambassador: ISIS, Iran ‘going to take advantage’ of Obama’s final year – The Hill (http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/267640-ex-un-ambassador-isis-iran-going-to-take-advantage-of-obamas)
- Bolton: ISIL, Iran to exploit Obama’s final year as closing window of opportunity – World Tribune (http://www.worldtribune.com/john-bolton-isil-iran-will-take-advantage-of-obamas-final-year/)
- John Bolton: Middle East has ‘Descended into Chaos’ – NewsMax (http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/712074)
To hear John CATS upcoming roundtable radio shows, tune in at 9 AM New York time every Sunday morning on 970 AM Radio: The Answer! Can’t get to a radio? Listen in online! The show is live at www.am970theanswer.com at 9 AM New York time every Sunday morning. Thanks for listening!